← Back to Blender Reviews

Bosch MSM6700GB and Accessories Review

When it comes to larger heavy duty kitchen appliances, Bosch are very well known, but not a lot of people realise that they also turn their hand to the smaller gadgets in your kitchen. Today, we’re going to take a look at one of those smaller gadgets: the Bosch MSM6700GB.

You’re not just getting a blender with the MSM6700GB. Inside the pack are a variety of accessories: a mini chopper, an ice crushing blade, whisk and mixing beaker.

With the chopper you’ll be able to chop up your onions, garlic, herbs and the like. Pop in the ice crushing blade, and you’ll be able to crush ice too. The whisk will let you blend up eggs, creams and light liquids. The beaker allows you to conveniently blend your ingredients inside, and then pop on the lid and refrigerate for later (less washing up).

Powering all these accessories is a 600w motor, which is designed to be quiet and low vibration. It has a variable speed control, as well as a turbo button for blending through tougher food stuffs.

It’s a powerful machine, but is ergonomically designed to be nice and easy to hold. It’s handle is soft touch, and should be comfortable to hold whilst blending.

The blender arm and foot has a stylish chrome finish, and is therefore completely heat resistant. Use it blend up your soups directly in the pan. When you’re done, the eject button allows you to remove whatever attachment you’re using without getting your hands dirty.

The attachments are all dishwasher safe, and easy to clean. The device is also wall moutable, saving you cupboard space.

We found that most blenders were cheapest at Amazon.co.uk, including the Bosch MSM6700GB which is currently available for 15% off.

Bosch MSM6700GB Hand Blender and Accessories Features and Specifications

  • 600w motor – variable speed with turbo mode
  • Versatile – comes with chopper, ice crushing blade, whisk and mixing beaker
  • Soft touch ergonomic handle – easy to hold while blending
  • Chrome finish – heat resistant foot
  • Eject button – remove accessories without getting your hands dirty
  • Dishwasher safe – easy to clean

Customer Feedback and Reviews

We found the majority of customers happy with the MSM6700GB; around 83% rated it 3 stars or above. It’s good that the majority of customers were satisfied, but that leaves us with 17% of customers who were unhappy – not the greatest ratio. We’ll be digging into what they had to say in a little while.

First, let’s take a look at what people liked about the blender.

Most people who liked it seemed to be using the machine primarily for blending soup. For this purpose it seems to be efficient and quick; blending up smooth hot soups quickly. The motor also seems to stand up to Bosch’s claim that it’s nice and quiet; people confirmed this in their comments.

But we’ve still got those 20% of unsatisfied customers nagging in the back of our mind, so let’s take a look at their problems.

Well, having taken at look at what the unhappy customers had to say we’re a bit worried! There seemed to be a lot of complaints surrounding the quality of the machine; there were so many different issues reported that we simply don’t have the space to mention them all here!

The most common complaint was that the spindle which attaches the whisk to the handle breaks easily. Once this happens, the whisk simply can’t be connected to the handle, making it completely useless. This problem was reported by a significant number of unhappy customers. Not good.

We also noticed comments from several customers who’d experienced problems with the chopper blade. One person reported that it simply got jammed and stopped working, whilst others simply found that chopping was very inefficient.

Whilst most people said that it does blend satisfactorily, some pointed out that it is a rather slow process. Some people said that they noticed the motor was struggling, which might have something to do with it. We’re quite surprised to hear this, as the 600w motor should be plenty powerful enough.

With a whole host of one off complaints about the quality of the device and its efficiency, we simply don’t have the space here to cover them all. But as you can see, the reviews from the 20% of customers that were unhappy don’t paint a pretty picture at all.

In short, stay away from the Bosch MSM6700GB. Instead, take a look at the Russell Hobbs Desire blender instead – it’s cheaper, works better, and is just as versatile. Better still, the Kenwood Triblade HB724 (perhaps the best hand blender on the market) would be a far superior choice.

  • Score: 1 stars

← Back to Blender Reviews

Author: